The 2023 January transfer window finally shut down on Tuesday night (transfer deadline day).
January’s transfer deadline day is not usually known for big deals, but Chelsea undoubtedly changed that on Tuesday.
The Blues made midfielder Enzo Fernandez the most expensive January transfer deadline day signing.
Chelsea signed Fernandez from Benfica in a deal worth £107m to smash the British transfer record.
DAILY POST reports the five most expensive signings ever on January transfer deadline-day:
1. Enzo Fernandez – Benfica to Chelsea for £107m in 2023.
2. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – Dortmund to Arsenal for £55m in 2018.
3. Fernando Torres – Liverpool to Chelsea for £50m in 2011.
4. Pedro Porro – Sporting to Tottenham for – £37m in 2023.
5. Andy Carroll – Newcastle to Liverpool for £35m in 2011.