By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: 497 stranded Nigerians arrive Kano from Niger Republic
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > 497 stranded Nigerians arrive Kano from Niger Republic
News

497 stranded Nigerians arrive Kano from Niger Republic

Godson
Last updated: May 23, 2026 11:54 am
Godson
Published: May 23, 2026
Share
SHARE

497 Nigerian migrants evacuated from Niger Republic through the Jibia border have been received in Nigeria by the National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons (NCFRMI).

‎The returnees arrived at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport at about 12:25pm on Friday, May 22, from Agadez in Niger Republic.

‎The migrants were received by officials of the commission’s Kano Field Office alongside other relevant agencies.

Speaking during the reception, the Federal Commissioner of the commission, Dr. Tijjani Aliyu Ahmed, said the evacuation followed a coordinated humanitarian effort by the Federal Government in collaboration with the International Organization for Migration (IOM).

Represented at the exercise by the Kano Field Coordinator of the commission, Lubah Liman, the commissioner said the returnees were evacuated under the Voluntary Humanitarian Return programme of the IOM.

‎He said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through its Consular and Migration Affairs Division, had earlier notified the commission of the planned evacuation of stranded Nigerian migrants from Agadez between May 22 and 25, 2026.

‎According to him, the evacuation exercise is being carried out in two batches in collaboration with the IOM and relevant government agencies.
‎
‎“The first batch, initially projected to comprise about 600 returnees, arrived with a total of 497 persons,” he said.

The reception exercise was coordinated by the commission in collaboration with agencies including the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Nigeria Immigration Service, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), the Department of State Services (DSS), SEMA and the Nigerian Red Cross Society.
‎
‎He explained that the returnees were taken through documentation processes, including MIDAS registration by the Nigeria Immigration Service, before being moved to the Immigration Training School in Kano for feeding, profiling and other humanitarian support services.
‎
‎A breakdown of the returnees showed that there were 174 adult males, 97 adult females, 137 boys, and 89 girls.

Russia warns of ‘consequences’ and accuses NATO of preparing for ‘major war’ after claims of ‘pre-emptive strike’ on Putin
Bolanle Raheem: Photo of officer Drambi Vandi in court as Lagos state govt files murder charge against him
Naira value appreciates, exchanges N741 to $1
President Trump to sign executive order banning transgender people from military service
Ohaneze Ndigbo rejects result of presidential election, says it will be challenged in court

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Laila Charani Makes Return To Instagram With Sweet Family Video, Hours After Regina Daniels Showed Off Gifts From Mystery Man
  • “We Love Blaming People For Choosing The Wrong Partner” – Actress Beverly Osu Vents
  • Davido Reacts As Temi Otedola And MR Eazi Dedicate Video To Their Unborn Child
  • Bisola Aiyeola, Tacha, Others Gush As Sharon Ooja Shares Lovely Maternity Photos After Welcoming Child
  • Lizzy Gold Reacts To Allegation Of Shading May Edochie And Adanma Luke Over Destiny Etiko’s New Endorsement

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?