By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Kidnappers demand N500,000 ransom for abducted five-year-old Lagos girl
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Metro > Kidnappers demand N500,000 ransom for abducted five-year-old Lagos girl
Metro

Kidnappers demand N500,000 ransom for abducted five-year-old Lagos girl

Godson
Last updated: May 12, 2025 11:30 am
Godson
Published: May 12, 2025
Share
SHARE

Suspected kidnappers who abducted a five-year-old girl, Memunah Abdulrahman, in Lagos State have demanded a ransom of N500,000 from her family.

Memunah was abducted on March 9, 2025, while returning home from an Islamic school in the Ejigbo area of the state.

The suspect was reported to have approached Memunah and her sister near a well-known supermarket in the Ejigbo community and lured them inside.

While pretending to purchase items for them, the suspect reportedly vanished with Memunah, leaving her sister behind.

The girl’s father, Abdurrahman Alimi, who confirmed the latest development in an interview with Punch said that the suspects contacted him via a private number last month (April) to demand the payment.

“It was almost a month after my daughter was abducted that they called us. They hid their phone numbers and asked us to pay N500,000 before they would release my daughter. They hung up the phone and have not called back since then. I believe my daughter is still alive,” he explained.

“We told the police about this development. They said we should ask them to contact us via WhatsApp.

“We don’t know what the police are doing about it. On Friday, it will be exactly two months since my daughter was abducted.”

The spokesperson for the Lagos State Police Command, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed that the Commissioner of Police, Owohunwa Jimoh, had ordered the State Criminal Investigation Department to take over the case.

Although the family acknowledged that SCID operatives visited the community shortly after the directive was issued, Alimi told the publication that they had since been left in the dark regarding the progress of the investigation.

Residents escape injury as fire razes building in Taraba
Gombe man set to marry his uncle’s daughter, shares throwback photo of him with bride-to-be at age 2
Young Man, Utibe Eteffia Duped Of N2.5m By Yahoo Fraudsters Commits Suicide
Woman gifts her husband a coffin on Fathers’ Day in Anambra State (photos)
Avoid being a victim of r!tual k!lling – Ogun state police command warns girls against engaging in prostitution

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Suspect arrested for m8rder of 28-year-old man in Kaduna community
  • Police rescue two young women who were st!pped and almost lynched in Akwa Ibom
  • 5 Records Arsenal Broke To Win The 2025/26 Premier League Season
  • Heir to Singha beer empire sacked after his brother accused him of years-long incestual s£xual abuse.
  • Southampton Players Seek Legal Action After EFL Sanctions

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?