By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Israel launches strikes across Lebanon, warns dozen towns to evacuate
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > Israel launches strikes across Lebanon, warns dozen towns to evacuate
News

Israel launches strikes across Lebanon, warns dozen towns to evacuate

Godson
Last updated: May 20, 2026 6:45 am
Godson
Published: May 20, 2026
Share
SHARE
The Israeli military on Tuesday launched a series of strikes across Lebanon, particularly the south, while warning residents of a dozen towns to flee ahead of attacks despite an ongoing truce in the war with Hezbollah.

Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency and AFP photographers said the strikes targeted several areas in the Tyre district and Nabatieh province in the country’s south.

The top two floors of a building in Maashuq in the Tyre district collapsed after an airstrike, according to AFP images. It also damaged neighbouring buildings and parked cars.

A strike on the same town a day prior destroyed a primary healthcare centre managed by the Hezbollah-linked Islamic Health Committee, the Lebanese health ministry said.

An airstrike on Tuesday on the Saray neighbourhood in Nabatieh, which includes shops, an old mosque, and traditional residential buildings, destroyed a large part of it. AFP images showed a plume of smoke rising from the targeted area.

The Israeli military had previously issued evacuation warnings for 12 Lebanese towns, 11 of them in the south and one in the eastern Bekaa area.

It later repeated the same warning.

In a separate statement, the army said it intercepted a drone from Lebanon.

Hezbollah meanwhile said it carried out several attacks against Israeli forces in southern Lebanon, in addition to targeting Iron Dome platforms in Jal Alam and Margaliot in northern Israel.

The Lebanese civil defence on Tuesday said it had lost contact with seven citizens after an Israeli incursion in the southern town of Rashaya al-Fukhar.

It said that Israeli forces later released four of them, while the other three remain “in Israeli captivity”.

Hezbollah drew Lebanon into the Middle East war on March 2 by firing rockets at Israel in support of its backer Iran.

Since the start of the ceasefire on April 17, Israel has continued to launch strikes, carry out demolitions and issue evacuation orders in south Lebanon, saying it is targeting the Iran-backed armed group.

It has also repeatedly issued evacuation warnings for dozens of towns, reaching places far from the border that were housing displaced people from other areas.

Israeli strikes on Lebanon have killed more than 3,000 people since March 2, according to Lebanese authorities.

The Israeli military says it has lost 20 soldiers and one civilian contractor in southern Lebanon since the war began.

PEPT: Litigants Might Result To Self-Help If…, Peter Obi’s Lawyer Warns
King Charles ‘reduced to tears’ by support after cancer diagnosis
Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG
President Tinubu condemns Borno, Kaduna abductions, orders immediate rescue of captives
The accusations are racially motivated ” – Georgia district attorney accused of hiring her lover to prosecute Donald Trump breaks her silence

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • “I Love That The Entire Industry Respected Their Union” – Oap N6 Confirms Niniola’s Marriage As He Mourns Her Husband
  • Nigerian Music Stars, Wizkid, Asake, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated For 2026 Bet Awards
  • Lateef Adedimeji Tackles His Wife, Mo Bimpe, As She Declares Their Triplets Arsenal Fans
  • “A Teacher Was Slaughtered, Yet We’re Talking About Chike And Frank” – Bobrisky Lashes Out, Seeks Support For The Teacher’s Kids
  • “All The Women Celebrating Chike Are UsĂ©less. God Will Punish Y’all” – Daddy Freeze Vents (Video)

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?