By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Movie producer Tyler Perry denies refusing to answer questions on his s3xual orientation in court
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Entertainment > Movie producer Tyler Perry denies refusing to answer questions on his s3xual orientation in court
Entertainment

Movie producer Tyler Perry denies refusing to answer questions on his s3xual orientation in court

Godson
Last updated: June 20, 2026 10:54 am
Godson
Published: June 20, 2026
Share
SHARE

Tyler Perry’s legal battle with actor Mario Rodriguez has taken a new turn after Rodriguez accused the filmmaker of refusing to sit for a deposition unless he is guaranteed he will not be questioned about his s3xual orientation.

According to court documents cited by TMZ, Rodriguez is seeking sanctions against Perry, claiming the media mogul has failed to appear for a deposition that he has been attempting to conduct since April 14.

Rodriguez alleges that Perry and his legal team insisted he would only participate if lawyers agreed not to ask whether he is, or has ever been, sexually attracted to men. According to the filing, Perry’s lawyers argued that such questions are “irrelevant and inflammatory” to the case. However, Rodriguez disputes that position, arguing that the subject is relevant in light of allegations made by other male accusers in the past. Perry’s legal team has strongly denied the claims.

Responding to the motion, Perry’s attorney, Alex Spiro, told TMZ: “As we said from the outset, this is a shakedown and now a shakedown and a frivolous motion. Tyler did not fail to appear for a deposition nor refuse any line of questioning. We will seek sanctions.”

The dispute stems from a lawsuit filed by Rodriguez, who is seeking $77 million in damages and has accused Perry of sexual assault, sexual battery and other misconduct. In the lawsuit, Rodriguez claims he first met Perry at a gym in 2015, an encounter he says later helped him secure a role in the film Boo! A Madea Halloween.

Rodriguez alleges that Perry s3xually assaulted him during a visit to the filmmaker’s home in 2018. According to the lawsuit, Perry allegedly asked him intimate questions before grabbing his genitals. Rodriguez further claims Perry later apologised and gave him $5,000. He also alleges that during another encounter, Perry forced his hand onto Perry’s genitals and again gave him $5,000, according to court filings.

Perry has denied all allegations. His legal team argues that Rodriguez continued communicating with him after the alleged incidents and frequently sought financial assistance. Perry maintains that the allegations only surfaced after he declined further requests for money.

TMZ previously reported obtaining alleged text messages between the two men, which purportedly show Rodriguez requesting financial help for dental treatment and thanking Perry for previous assistance. The case remains before the courts, with both sides continuing to dispute the allegations and circumstances surrounding the lawsuit.

 

“When I Was On Top, Everybody Was With Me.”- 9ice Recalls His Glory Days
“Outside Is Really Cold”- Tonto Dikeh Breaks Down, Seeks Emotional Support From Fans
Cute Abiola Brings Back Childhood Memories As He Celebrates Birthday With Old-school Photos
BBNaija All Stars: Doyin Reveals Unusual Attraction To Kiddwaya
‘I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ – Zainab Abidoye

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • “My 15-years-younger Ghanaian husband used me to get to the US” — Woman seeks advice after claiming husband married her for immigration
  • You are all that matters to me. Thank you for being my protector – Read the leaked letters written by Trump‘s close staff, Natalie to him
  • 26-year-old woman allegedly b£aten to d3ath by her husband’s side chick
  • Nigeria Women’s Beach Volleyball Team qualifies for Los Angeles 2028 Olympics
  • Kindly delete my videos — Precious takes a dig at Jeffrey and Chidinma after split from romantic throuple

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?