By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: President Trump appeal in s£x ass@ult, defamation case rejected again
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > President Trump appeal in s£x ass@ult, defamation case rejected again
News

President Trump appeal in s£x ass@ult, defamation case rejected again

Godson
Last updated: August 18, 2026 12:34 am
Godson
Published: August 18, 2026
Share
SHARE

The US Supreme Court has rejected President Donald Trump’s bid to overturn a federal civil jury verdict that found him liable for s£xually abusing and defaming writer E Jean Carroll.

Back in June, the top court had already denied a prior attempt by Trump to review the civil case.

The president has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing and argued that the judge who oversaw the civil trial improperly allowed evidence to be presented that affected the jury’s perceptions of him.

In July, he paid Carroll more than $5m (£3.6m) in damages over her civil claim that Trump s£xually assaulted her in the 1990s, and then branded the incident a hoax on social media.

“We are pleased that the United States Supreme Court has declined again to hear this case,” Carroll’s attorney, Roberta Kaplan, said in a statement following the decision.

“As a result, the jury’s unanimous verdict that Donald Trump s£xually ass@ulted and then defamed E. Jean Carroll is now final and cannot be challenged in any court,” she added.

The court’s decision was posted as part of an order list on Monday, but offered no explanation for why the justices declined to rehear the case.

Legal experts said that Trump’s request to reconsider its previous June rejection was an unusually long-shot legal manoeuvre, as the court rarely grants similar requests.

Carroll, a former magazine columnist who is now 82, sued Trump for attacking her in a Manhattan department store dressing room in the mid-1990s.

The defamation stemmed from a 2022 post on Truth Social in which he denied the claims and said Carroll was “not my type”.

Trump has yet to comment on the court’s latest decision to not rehear the case.

In a lengthy Truth Social post following the earlier decision in June, Trump vowed to continue battling what he termed the “weaponisation and lawfare case” and the “ridiculous” claim of defamation.

“This Case is really against the United States of America, and all it stands for, and should never be allowed to happen to another President, or Candidate to be,” he added.

In the initial petition to the Supreme Court, Trump’s lawyers argued that Carroll’s lawyers should not have let jurors see now infamous Access Hollywood footage from 2005 in which he used crude language as he discussed groping and kissing women.

Trump has also asked the Supreme Court to overturn a separate federal civil defamation verdict awarding Carroll $83.3m.

His lawyers have argued that Trump cannot be sued for comments he made while he was president.

How 63rd Independence Anniversary Was Marked
Tribunal Upholds INEC’s Authority, Discretion In Election Result Transmission
Aiyedatiwa Makes First Appointments, Declares Three Days Mourning
Sudan military leader announces capture of capital Khartoum from rebels
Abuja Property Developer, Accuses EFCC Of Intimidation, Harassment, Seeks Presidential Intervention

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Man declared wanted for allegedly st@bbing only son of family to d3ath over palm fruit in Abia community
  • Four Almajiri d!e after suspected food poisoning in Kano
  • Court remands man for stealing shoes from Kano mosque
  • York University students raise concerns over Lord’s Chosen church as they recruit members on campus
  • Borno man confesses to behe#ding woman in Adamawa hotel and drinking her bl@od

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?