By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Abia govt imposes N200m charges on presidential, N150m on gubernatorial candidates, and similar fees on others
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > Abia govt imposes N200m charges on presidential, N150m on gubernatorial candidates, and similar fees on others
News

Abia govt imposes N200m charges on presidential, N150m on gubernatorial candidates, and similar fees on others

Godson
Last updated: July 30, 2026 9:54 am
Godson
Published: July 30, 2026
Share
SHARE

Abia State Structure for Signage and Advertising Agency, ABSSAA, has placed a fee on all 2027 candidates who wish to display their political campaign banners and signposts in the Abia State advertisement space.

A number of states had earlier imposed similar fees, with opposition parties expressing their objections.

In Abia State, governorship candidates of all political parties in the State are to pay one hundred and fifty million naira (N150m) to the ABSSAA as campaign fees.

Meanwhile, presidential candidates are to pay two hundred million naira (N200m) to ABSSAA to display their campaign materials.

The policy was unveiled on Wednesday, July 29, in Aba by the Director of Strategy and Innovation of ABSSAA, Ndubuisi Nwogwugwu during its 2026 stakeholders engagement forum.

Nwogwugwu also announced that senatorial candidates are to pay one hundred million naira (N100m), House of Representatives candidates are to pay fifty million naira (N50m), while those contesting for State House of Assembly seats are to pay twenty million naira (N20m).

The agency said the payment would cover the campaign and election periods.

It, however, said that a House of Assembly candidate who could not pay the approved fee, could run a joint campaign billboard where his picture can be placed under the governorship candidate of his own political party.

The agency also vowed to dismantle or revoke any campaign billboard that go contrary to approval standards, including those threatening public safety and peace of the State.

However, the Chairman of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, in Abia State, Kalu Kalu who attended the program, rejected the new campaign fees, saying it contravened the provisions of the Nigerian Electoral Act, especially where it affects campaign funds limits and fair play.

Warring factions agree on three-day ceasefire in Sudan
Stop $700m cabotage fund disbursement, House of Reps tell NIMASA
El-Rufai’s phone-tapping claim should be probed – President Tinubu’s aide Bayo Onanuga
Former US Attorney General AG Pam Bondi diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer shortly after sack by Trump
INEC to hold Supplementary election in 15 states

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Nick Kyrgios banned from tennis after testing positive for coc@ine
  • Media personality Do2dtun rains c*rses on X user after he allegedly mocked him over his child
  • ‘Poco Lee’s alleged r@pe case, I can tell you 100% he didn’t do anything. Such allegation has happened to me’ – Singer, Mr Real
  • “Two years ago, Pocolee tried to r+pe my friend and me” — Rapper Ms Jorji makes allegation following reports of the dancer’s arrest in the UK (video)
  • Nigerian man, Foluso Omole charged over alleged $5m NDIS fraud after attempting to leave Australia

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?