By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Australian court upholds $465,000 fine against Elon Musk’s X
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > Australian court upholds $465,000 fine against Elon Musk’s X
News

Australian court upholds $465,000 fine against Elon Musk’s X

Godson
Last updated: May 22, 2026 7:27 am
Godson
Published: May 22, 2026
Share
Elon Musk, chief executive officer of Tesla Inc., arrives at federal court in Oakland, California, US, on Tuesday, April 28, 2026. Elon Musk is suing OpenAI and Microsoft Corp. over claims that the startup abandoned its founding mission when it took billions of dollars in backing from the software stalwart and planned its restructuring. Photographer: David Paul Morris/Bloomberg via Getty Images
SHARE

An Australian federal court has upheld a fine against over failures to comply with child internet safety regulations, ending a three-year legal battle between the company and the Australian government.

The case began after Australia’s online safety regulator,, demanded detailed information in February 2023 on how the platform, then known as Twitter, was tackling the spread of child sexual abuse material online.

After the platform was merged into X under, regulators accused the company of providing “incomplete” responses to repeated requests for information. A federal court had already ruled in October 2024 that X was legally required to comply with the notice. On Thursday, May 21, the court ordered the company to pay a fine of AU$650,000 (US$464,900).

Federal Justice Michael Wheelahan said, “A penalty near the maximum is appropriate in the case of the respondent, which is a substantial corporation, so that it operates as a real deterrent and is not simply a cost of doing business.”

Australia has become one of the leading countries pushing stricter controls on major technology companies, including introducing world-first laws banning children under 16 from using social media platforms such as and.

According to reports, countries including,, and have shown interest in adopting similar restrictions after discussions with Australian officials. Responding to the ruling, eSafety Commissioner Julie Inman Grant said, “Meaningful transparency is critical to holding technology companies to account.”

“This is not only a key part of our work as Australia’s online safety regulator, it also provides the Australian public with important information about how these companies are tackling the worst-of-the-worst content on their platforms,” she added.

Nigerians may soon start importing Yam from China – Perm Sec Laments
Poland becomes first NATO country to transfer fighter jets to Ukraine
12 U.S. troops wounded, planes damaged in Iranian strike on Saudi air base
Senate Defends Buying N160m SUVs
Peter Obi and wife cast their votes in Agulu, Anambra state (photos)

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • 3 generations of women from one family charged with abuse and torture de@th of 7-year-old girl
  • Alex Ekubo: Names Of Nigerian Actors, Singers That Died From Cancer
  • “Grateful For Growth And New Beginnings” – Annie Macaulay Writes As She Returns To Acting
  • “This Is Such A Proud Mum Moment” – Eniola Ajao Celebrates Son As He Finishes His Nysc
  • Ghana police arrest woman for allegedly threatening to k!ll President Mahama

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?