By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Brazilian man ‘comes back from the d£ad’ as funeral home is preparing ‘body’ for the wake
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Metro > Brazilian man ‘comes back from the d£ad’ as funeral home is preparing ‘body’ for the wake
Metro

Brazilian man ‘comes back from the d£ad’ as funeral home is preparing ‘body’ for the wake

Godson
Last updated: May 20, 2026 7:24 am
Godson
Published: May 20, 2026
Share
SHARE

A Brazilian man came back to life after a funeral home realised he was still breathing as they prepared his body for his wake.

Juraci Rosa Alves was admitted to a hospital on May 16, where a doctor declared him d£ad due to respiratory failure.

Brazilian man

A funeral home was then called and Alves, 88, was transported there for standard post-d£ath procedures.

But while staff were preparing the body for the wake, they detected signs of life.

Jacqueline Brogiato, the funeral home’s technical nursing supervisor, told local media: “Our funeral staff carried out the transfer as a standard procedure.

“When they arrived at the laboratory and placed him on the table, they noticed unusual movement in the abdomen and were unsure whether it was breathing.

“At first, when we realised there were vital signs, our only thought was to save him.

“So I carried out the initial care, trying to clear his airway until emergency services arrived.

“Everything happened very quickly – when they arrived, the doctor immediately began sedating and intubating him so he could be taken to the healthcare facility.”

Alves was rushed to a hospital in Presidente Prudente, Brazil, where he remained as of the latest update on May 18.

A relative told local media: “My aunt had gone home to prepare the paperwork and the clothes my grandad was going to wear for the wake.

“When they arrived there, my aunt and my cousin thought the delay seemed strange.

“Then my cousin was told he had been taken to the funeral home to prepare the body and, once there, the funeral home staff noticed vital signs – he was breathing and moving.”

Police were informed and have registered the case as “failure to provide assistance”.

They have not released the name of the doctor who declared Alves d£ad.

Alves, a resident of Emilianópolis, remains intubated in the ICU in a serious but stable condition.

His family’s lawyer, Carlos Alberto Carneiro, told local media: “According to the hospital currently treating Mr Juraci, the situation may have worsened his condition due to his age and the amount of time he spent without proper care and treatment.”

The original hospital in Presidente Bernardes has said it will open an internal inquiry into the incident and is “available to provide any necessary clarification”.

One k!lled and 14 injured after British tourist bus crashes into ravine in Canary Islands
IGP orders investigation into viral video of retired officer claiming he was given N2m benefit after 35 years of service
UNIMAID student drowns in Borno river, another rescued
Lagos court sentences man to life imprisonment for sexu@lly ass@ulting his wife’s six-year-old niece
Gospel singer was preparing Salome for consumption – Beheaded corps member’s uncle alleges [VIDEO]

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • “Why Is It Okay For Married Men To Cheat But Married Women Can’t?” – Etinosa Idemudia Asks
  • “God Took Him Away” – Singer Niniola Breaks Down As She Loses Husband After 13 Years
  • “I Don’t See Him Winning And Don’t Want To Keep Losing” – Cubana Chief Priest Reveals Why He Left Peter Obi For Tinubu As He Addresses His Election Loss (Video)
  • “He Was Advising Me To Keep My Relationship Offline, But See What’s Happening To Him” – Peller Reacts To Frank Edoho’s Marital Saga (Video)
  • “Ungrateful Human, Karma Caught Up With You” – Toke Makinwa Lambasts Sandra Edoho After Being Mentioned In Leaked Audio

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?