By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Prince Harry, Elton John, and others told to pay £9,500,000 to Daily Mail
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Entertainment > Prince Harry, Elton John, and others told to pay £9,500,000 to Daily Mail
Entertainment

Prince Harry, Elton John, and others told to pay £9,500,000 to Daily Mail

Godson
Last updated: August 22, 2026 6:41 am
Godson
Published: August 22, 2026
Share
SHARE

Prince Harry, along with six others, has been ordered to pay more than £9.5million to the Daily Mail’s publisher.

It marks the first round of legal costs following their failed High Court case.

The high-profile figures, also including Baroness Doreen Lawrence and Sir Elton John, sued Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL) over allegations of unlawful information-gathering.

ANL strongly denied the claims, which were heard at an 11-week trial in London earlier this year.

Judge Mr Justice Nicklin dismissed all the cases in a ruling on July 7.

The cases returned to the High Court for a two-day hearing on costs, during which the court was told ANL’s total costs exceeded £34m.

In a judgment today, August 21, Mr Justice Nicklin ruled the group of seven must pay £9,544,355 by August 28 as an initial contribution to the publisher’s costs ahead of further hearings to determine the total sum.

He said: “The claimants and their advisers have been on notice, since the hearing, that this would be the date for payment on account.”

Mr Justice Nicklin also ruled that ANL’s costs should be determined on an indemnity basis, which is more favourable to the publisher in terms of the amount it can recover, aside from where orders had already been made.

ANL, which also publishes the Mail on Sunday, had asked for more than £9.9m as an interim payment, while lawyers for the claimants, which also includes David Furnish, Sadie Frost, Liz Hurley, and Sir Simon Hughes, said the interim payment should be just over £7.9m.

The judgment comes after Wednesday’s news that the Duke of Sussex and his wife, Meghan Markle, will be returning to the UK for an “extended period”.

Balloranking Re-signs With Dapper Music & Entertainment In Renewed Multi-year Partnership
“We Go Finish You” – Peller Knocks King Mitchy Over Tiktok Live Incident
Reality star Kim Zolciak’s 15-year-old son KJ Biermann arrested for sod0my and s£xual battery
#BBNaija S9: ‘Toby Forg is my wife’s new ship’ – Kellyrae tells Biggie [VIDEO]
Burglars break into JoJo Siwa’s house

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Police arrest three vigilantes over d3ath of man in Bauchi
  • Prince Harry, Elton John, and others told to pay £9,500,000 to Daily Mail
  • Troops arrest suspected female gunrunner, recover AK-47 rifle and magazines in Plateau
  • Five female suspected terrorist logistics suppliers arrested in Borno
  • Cristiano Ronaldo hits 977th career goal as Al Nassr thrash Al Riyadh 4-0

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?