By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Taylor Swift breaks silence on thwarted terror attack that led to cancellation of her Vienna shows
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Entertainment > Taylor Swift breaks silence on thwarted terror attack that led to cancellation of her Vienna shows
Entertainment

Taylor Swift breaks silence on thwarted terror attack that led to cancellation of her Vienna shows

Godson
Last updated: August 22, 2024 8:22 am
Godson
Published: August 22, 2024
Share
SHARE

Taylor Swift has reacted to the thwarted terrorist attack that led to the cancellation of her Eras Tours shows in Vienna.

The mega-pop star addressed the threat of violence on Wednesday, August 21, in her first comments since the scare earlier this month.

She also defended her prolonged silence over the unnerving situation that was uncovered.

“Having our Vienna shows cancelled was devastating. The reason for the cancellations filled me with a new sense of fear, and a tremendous amount of guilt because so many people had planned on coming to those shows,” she wrote.

“But I was also so grateful to the authorities because thanks to them, we were grieving concerts and not lives.”

Three teen suspects were arrested for allegedly planning an ISIS-style terror attack at one of Swift’s Austrian concerns that included driving a bomb-filled car into the crowd to kill “as many people as possible.”

Swift said she stayed quiet on the foiled attack because she didn’t want to do more harm than good.

“Let me be very clear: I am not going to speak about something publicly if I think doing so might provoke those who would want to harm the fans who come to my shows,” the singer said.

“In cases like this one, ‘silence’ is actually showing restraint, and waiting to express yourself at a time when it’s right to.”

She also said she was “heartened” by the way her fans rallied together and noted her team worked with stadium staff and British authorities to keep Swifties safe as her tour continued.

“I decided that all of my energy had to go toward helping to protect the nearly half a million people I had coming to see the shows in London,” Swift also wrote.

Taylor Swift breaks silence on thwarted terror attack that led to cancellation of her Vienna shows

The series of Vienna shows were scheduled for Aug. 8- Aug. 10 before the last minute cancellations.

Her last concert of the European tour was on Monday, August 19, at Wembley Stadium in England.

If Venita publicly apologises to me, I won’t accept it – Vee
“You Have Given Me Countless Reasons To Smile Through The Years” – Femi Adebayo Takes Pride In Daughter As She Graduates
Dj Cuppy Hits Back At Troll Who Called Her Old
“I Will Make You A Scapegoat” – Actor Uzur Arukwe Replies X User Who Made Strong Accusations Against Him And Colleague, Bambam
“He Told Me It Was My Fault Because I Didn’t Post Him Online” – Moyo Lawal Sheds Light On Her Leaked Private Tape In Emotional Video

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Cardinal Okpalaeke, Catholic Bishops Visit Jowizaza’s Father After He Regains Freedom From Abductors
  • “I Will Never Advise Anyone Again”- Gehgeh Laments After Peller Buys G-wagon Instead Of Following His Advice
  • “He Wanted Me To Have S3x With Him”- Actress Funke Etti Recounts Ordeal With Movie Director
  • “We Recovered N51 Million In One Month”- Verydarkman Reveals As He Responds To Critics
  • “My Uncle Should Be An Example To All Governors”- Davido Praises Governor Ademola Adeleke

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?