By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Trump to hold critical security talks on Iran amid negotiating impasse
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > Trump to hold critical security talks on Iran amid negotiating impasse
News

Trump to hold critical security talks on Iran amid negotiating impasse

Godson
Last updated: April 27, 2026 2:22 pm
Godson
Published: April 27, 2026
Share
SHARE

U.S. President Donald Trump is scheduled to meet with his top national security and foreign policy advisors on Monday to determine the next steps in the ongoing conflict with Iran.

The high-level meeting comes as diplomatic efforts appear to have reached a stalemate, with both Washington and Tehran trading blame for the lack of progress.

During a televised address from the White House, President Trump maintained a firm stance on the military campaign, asserting that the United States is “close to victory.” Despite a dip in approval ratings, the President vowed to continue “extremely hard” strikes against Iran for at least another two to three weeks, offering little indication of an immediate shift in strategy.

The diplomatic friction intensified on Monday as Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi blamed Washington for the collapse of talks held in Pakistan earlier this month.

Those discussions represented the first and only formal attempt at a resolution since the conflict began to destabilize the Middle East and impact the global economy. Reports from Axios and ABC News indicate that the administration is reviewing a new proposal from Tehran, which reportedly centers on reopening the Strait of Hormuz and ending the current U.S. naval blockade, while postponing nuclear negotiations to a later date.

U.S. officials have stated that this proposal currently falls short of Washington’s established “red lines.” Hope for a breakthrough had initially surged following Minister Araghchi’s visit to Islamabad, but President Trump recently scrapped a planned follow-up trip by envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner.

Signaling a “ball is in their court” approach, Trump told Fox News that he would no longer be sending emissaries to initiate contact.

“If Iran wanted talks, they can come to us, or they can call us,” the President stated, underscoring the administration’s demand that Tehran take the first step toward a new round of negotiations

 

 

I Must Succeed By All Means, Says Tinubu
President Trump to sign executive order banning transgender people from military service
Mohbad’s father present as Lagos police command sets up 13-man panel to unravel cause of his death (video)
Major winter storm set to dump snow, disrupt travel in US
Lagos Mob Burns BRT Bus As Driver Dies In Crash

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Money not always solution to depression – Timini Egbuson
  • 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗠𝗮𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗱 could say goodbye to NINE players this summer
  • ‘People said I’d end up becoming prostitute after losing my dad at 16’ – Shine Rosman
  • Arsenal staff members are FURIOUS after being told they must pay more than £850 out of their own pockets to travel to the Champions League final in Budapest.
  • Nigerian woman fires back at lady who said her husband looks like crayfish because she doesn’t feed him well

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?