By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Tyson Fury says Anthony Joshua fight in serious doubt after his British rival asked ‘for more money’
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Sports > Tyson Fury says Anthony Joshua fight in serious doubt after his British rival asked ‘for more money’
Sports

Tyson Fury says Anthony Joshua fight in serious doubt after his British rival asked ‘for more money’

Godson
Last updated: August 22, 2026 12:13 am
Godson
Published: August 22, 2026
Share
SHARE

Tyson Fury has claimed his fight against Anthony Joshua is now in serious doubt after his British heavyweight rival asked for ‘more money’.

The pair had signed to fight in November, with Madison Square Garden in New York emerging as the likely location.

But Fury has suggested in a social media video the blockbuster bout is in serious doubt due to Joshua’s request for a bigger fight purse.

Speaking on Friday, Fury said: “It doesn’t look like they’re going to sign the fight. It doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. All because Eddie Hearn and that want more money.
“All this talk of wanting the fight in England, we want this, we want that; it’s only to get more money to go to America.

“I’ve bent over backwards to make this fight happen. First of all it was in England, then it was in Ireland, then it was in America; I said I’ll go anywhere.

“I’m not interested where the fight is, I just want the fight, I’m match fit, I’m ready to rock and roll, baby. If you [Joshua] don’t want to get it on I’ll fight somebody else in November.”

Matchroom Boxing CEO Frank Smith had told Sky Sports earlier this week it was a ‘critical week’ for negotiations, but he was optimistic about an agreement.

“It will be disappointing for it not to be in the UK, but at the same time if it means seeing the fight, we all want to see that fight happen,” said Smith. “Let’s see how things play out.

“We’re following the terms of what we signed up to right now, which is a fight in the UK. That is what we signed up to, and when the fight was announced in March, April time, the fight was signed, those were the terms we signed up for.

“They are the conversations really that are taking place right now. MSG is a proposed venue that they would like to look at, i.e The Ring Magazine, Saudi delegation, so let’s see.

“I think November is possible. Later in November is possible, but again the next seven to 10 days, a lot of progress has got to be made in order to make that happen to get [fighters] into camp to give yourself that eight-to-10-week period, a dedicated camp away from all the promotional obligations.”

Joshua and Fury were unable to agree terms in 2021 and fight plans fell apart after a US judge ruled Fury had to face Deontay Wilder in a trilogy fight instead.

Fury’s manager Spencer Brown has told Sky Sports he was uneasy about the delay in announcing the Joshua fight.

“Everybody’s got a bit of doubt in their mind,” he said. “There’s reasons you could think that.

“If you’d asked me a week ago, I’d have said no, but now it’s a little bit concerning that things haven’t progressed down the line. We need to get this fight on.”

Turkey: ‘as Soon As Possible’ – Galatasaray Gives Update On Osimhen’s Return
Champions League: Jamie Carragher predicts Chelsea vs Dortmund second-leg tie
We Are Not Top-five Contenders’ – Is January Make Or Break For Villa?
Transfer: World Cup winner willing to join Pochettino at Chelsea
FA Cup: Alan Shearer Predicts Newcastle Vs Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal Fixtures

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • You have to set boundaries – Father charged with abusing his 3-month-old daughter says it was ‘training’
  • Family and friends celebrate as Nigerian woman welcomes her first child after 20 years of waiting
  • Academic who accused late Cambridge professor Jason Arday of plagiarism suspended from his job
  • Two Amotekun officers k!lled in Ondo ambush attack
  • Reality star Kim Zolciak’s 15-year-old son KJ Biermann arrested for sod0my and s£xual battery

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?