By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: 20 rice farmers feared dead in Kebbi boat mishap
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Metro > 20 rice farmers feared dead in Kebbi boat mishap
Metro

20 rice farmers feared dead in Kebbi boat mishap

Godson
Last updated: January 5, 2023 5:38 am
Godson
Published: January 5, 2023
Share
SHARE

More than 20 farmers were feared dead as a boat carrying about 100 farmers capsized in Koko/Besse Local Government Area of Kebbi State on Tuesday.

Kebbi State Police spokesperson, DSP Nafiu Abubakar, confirmed the accident and promised to release details later.

Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, on Wednesday, chairman of Koko/Besse Local Government Council, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, also confirmed the accident.

He said it occurred on Tuesday night when a rickety boat carried more than 100 rice farmers to Samanaji, a riverine community in the area.

He said 80 of the boat passengers had been rescued, while 10 were found dead and others still missing.

He assured that the rescue operation was still ongoing with a view to saving those still missing.

According to him: “Almost all the passengers are youths, small boys and girls. We have found four female and six male corpses.

“We have rescued more than 80 passengers and we are still searching for the missing others,’’ he said.

The council chairman added: “Prior to the incident, we had called an emergency meeting with the district head of Dutsin Mari and other traditional rulers and leaders of boat operators in the area.

“The meeting was to enlighten them and warn them against the use of rickety, old boats, overloading and travelling in the night.’’

Bello recalled that the council distributed 20 new boats in 2022 in an effort to forestall boat mishaps in the area.

“Having all female kids isn’t the woman’s fault” – Nigerian nurse says after man abandoned his wife in the hospital because she delivered another girl
Ondo LG Vice Chairman dies 5 days after Chairman’s deah
Court awards R750k (N64m) to South African man kept in unlawful custody for more than two months
Troops name Shariff Umar as coordinator of suicide bombing network in North East
University soccer star Karoline Heintz stabbed to d£ath by her boyfriend and his mum helped dispose of body

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • I don’t think its true to say Nigerians are being kicked out of South Africa because they are taking our women – SA Consul-General Moroe
  • Bandits kidnap Kwara monarch
  • Veteran actor, Taiwo Hassan aka Ogogo d!es after battle with stage 4 cancer
  • Boko Haram commander, three fighters and woman surrender to troops in Borno
  • “My 15-years-younger Ghanaian husband used me to get to the US” — Woman seeks advice after claiming husband married her for immigration

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?