A section of the Central Bank of Nigeria office in Gombe State was on Friday gutted by fire.
It was gathered that the fire affected a segment of the complex particularly the office of the controller of the branch.
It was also learnt that some workers in the complex were rushed to the Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe after inhaling carbon monoxide.
“So far, no life was lost but due to the smoke though some workers were rushed to the Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe.
It majorly affected the office of the controller but it didn’t extend to the vault,” a source in the office told our correspondent.
The CBN also tweeted, “Today, a minor fire incident was reported at our Gombe branch.
The fire which started from an electrical fault and partially destroyed some furniture in the Branch Controller’s office was promptly put out.
There was no injury and no record or other asset of the Bank was affected.”