By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Andrew Tate loses appeal to end detention and faces 180 days locked in Romanian cell
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Metro > Andrew Tate loses appeal to end detention and faces 180 days locked in Romanian cell
Metro

Andrew Tate loses appeal to end detention and faces 180 days locked in Romanian cell

Godson
Last updated: January 11, 2023 9:26 am
Godson
Published: January 11, 2023
Share
SHARE

Andrew Tate will remain in a Romanian prison for the rest of the month after a court upheld the arrest, and he could remain locked up for 180 days.

Tate was arrested on December 29, 2022, on charges of gang crime, human trafficking and rape.

The controversial social media influencer was ordered to remain in prison for 30 days, despite claiming it was all the fault of “the Matrix”.

The 36-year-old was initially detained for 24 hours after revealing his location using a pizza box during a Twitter spat with climate change activist Greta Thunberg.

He was arrested alongside his brother Tristan, who was charged in the same case.

Their assistants – two Romanian women – were also taken into custody.

All four immediately challenged the arrest extension a judge granted to prosecutors on December 30.

A document explaining the judge’s reasoning said “the possibility of them evading investigations cannot be ignored” and they could “leave Romania and settle in countries that do not allow extradition”.

Tate arrived at Bucharest’s Court of Appeal in handcuffs on Tuesday, January 10. He was photographed walking into court holding a Quran.

Prosecutors investigating the case have so far seized 15 luxury cars – at least seven of which are owned by the Tate brothers – and more than 10 properties or bits of land owned by companies registered to them.

It is now being decided whether or not the Tate brothers could be kept in detention for a maximum of 180 days.

A decision on the extension is set to be made this week, despite pleas from Tate’s representatives to allow him to serve the original time under house arrest.

“Stop greeting people’s husbands” – Married Nigerian lady warns women
Grandma charged after two grandkids died in her care months apart
Tiktoker, Seaking spots a new look as he regains his freedom from prison weeks after he was granted bail (photos)
Police arrest seven teenagers for gang-raping 15-year-old girl in Adamawa
The abducted principal of the Junior Secondary School (JSS), Naharati in Abaji Area Council of the FCT, Zakari Abdulkadir Yelwa and his daughter, Hafsat Dauda, have regained their freedom. LIB had reported that kidnappers invaded the victims’ residence opposite the Government Science Technical College (GSTC), Abaji last Tuesday night, October 21, and whisked away the principal, his wife, and his daughter. The principal’s wife, Mrs. Rakiya Zakari Yelwa, was ordered to return home by the kidnappers when she could not walk fast. The principal, while narrating his experience to Daily Trust at his residence on Sunday, October 25, said he and his daughter were freed on Saturday night after paying a N3.1 million ransom. He said life in the kidnappers’ den was like “hell,” and he prays that no one experiences such trauma. The principal said he and his daughter trekked through the forest throughout the night until they arrived at the kidnappers’ camp “On that very night, we walked throughout the night till dawn. As the morning set in, they kept us in a valley until it was getting dark again before we continued trekking until we arrived at their camp,” he said. According to him, his abductors fed him and his daughter with garri and yam, which, he said, they harvested from some people’s farms near the camp. He said the kidnappers used pieces of cloth to cover their faces until they were freed around 6:45 pm on Saturday at a forest that borders Toto LGA of Nasarawa and Kogi states. He added that apart from the N3.1 million cash ransom, the kidnappers also collected two cartons of malt, one carton of milk, bread, and some packets of cigarettes The principal thanked his colleagues, friends, and family members for their support and prayers. He also commended the vigilantes for their swift response during the attack at his residence.

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Laliga: Lookman Scores Winning Goal In Atlético’s Victory Over Girona
  • “Pity My Soul” – Singer Chike Cries Out Amid Backlash Over Alleged Affair With Frank Edoho’s Ex-wife
  • Ballon D’or: ‘He’s Spectacular’ – Atletico Madrid’s Jan Oblak Names Player That Should’ve Won Award
  • “Instead Of Hating On Me, Use Me As A Ladder” – Cubana Chief Priest Tells Haters As He Hits The Studio Following Election Loss (Video)
  • BREAKING: US military strikes more ISIS targets in Nigeria

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?