By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Reading: Army confirms rescue of 21 kidnapped passengers in Kogi
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > Army confirms rescue of 21 kidnapped passengers in Kogi
News

Army confirms rescue of 21 kidnapped passengers in Kogi

Godson
Last updated: November 30, 2025 3:13 pm
Godson
Published: November 30, 2025
Share
SHARE

The Nigerian Army has confirmed the rescue of 21 passengers abducted along the Obajana–Oshokoshoko road in Lokoja Local Government Area of Kogi State. The Acting Assistant Director, Army Public Relations of the 12 Brigade, Lokoja, Lt. Hassan Abdullahi, confirmed the development on Saturday while responding to inquiries about the attack.

Suspected bandits had launched an assault on travellers along the busy Osokoko–Obajana highway, targeting several vehicles and abducting passengers after blocking the road at about 2:30pm. Eyewitnesses reported that a commercial 18-seater bus and multiple other vehicles ran into the barricade, after which the assailants “seized vehicles that ran into their barricade and forcefully abducted the passengers into the bush before security operatives arrived.”

Lt. Abdullahi said the 21 victims were rescued after troops, working with vigilantes, hunters and other security operatives, engaged the kidnappers in what he described as “a fierce exchange of gunfire.” He added that operations were still ongoing to rescue remaining victims and apprehend the perpetrators.

A brother of one of the kidnapped victims, who requested anonymity, said his younger brother had been travelling from Owo in Ondo State to Abuja when the vehicle was attacked just a few kilometres from Obajana. He revealed that the abductors later contacted the family. “I received a call on Friday from my brother’s abductors demanding N40 million for his release. He was coming to Lokoja to inform our mother about my traditional wedding scheduled for next Friday,” he said.

Eyewitness accounts indicated that several vehicles were targeted during the attack, including a Toyota Hiace bus (7BGT-78LG) travelling from Owo to Abuja, a Toyota Sienna (YAB 968 AX) from Oshogbo to Kaduna, a Toyota Carina (JMU 648 AA) heading from Lokoja to Kabba, and another Toyota Hiace (GKP 178 XA) from Abuja to Ekiti State. According to a source, eight of the rescued passengers were members of two biological families, while two drivers, a truck driver and a bus driver, were also freed. “Two families lost four members each in the incident and all were rescued. Two drivers, a truck driver and a bus driver, were also among those freed,” the source said.

 

You Might Also Like

Democratic Republic of Congo PM Lukonde resigns
NDA Gets New Commandant
Hike in Fuel Price: Lagos government extends work-from-home policy
Sanwo-Olu Seeks Investors’ Support To Grow MSMEs
Kenya president, William Ruto removes budgets for offices of first lady, second lady after anti-government protects

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Nollywood: Wumi Toriola kneels to apologise as she reconciles with Afeez Owo [VIDEO]
  • Sergio Ramos Claps Back at Jude Bellingham’s Bold Claim
  • #EPL: Maresca plots Arsenal’s downfall as Arteta hopes to subdue Chelsea
  • Insecurity: Nigeria free to seek help from outside – Obasanjo
  • Celebrating a man’s source of daily bread cancellation is witchcraft – Comedian I Go Save slams Nigerians celebrating Burna Boy’s show cancellations following row with concert goer

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?