By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Congolese man accused of shoplifting d!es after being pinned down by security guards in Dublin (Video)
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Metro > Congolese man accused of shoplifting d!es after being pinned down by security guards in Dublin (Video)
Metro

Congolese man accused of shoplifting d!es after being pinned down by security guards in Dublin (Video)

Godson
Last updated: May 22, 2026 7:09 am
Godson
Published: May 22, 2026
Share
SHARE

A Congolese man has d!ed in Dublin after he was allegedly pinned to the ground by security guards following accusations of shoplifting.

Yves Sakila, 35, was pronounced de@d in hospital after he was held on the ground outside Arnotts on Friday afternoon last week, following the alleged theft of perfume bottles from the store.

Congolese man accused of shoplifting d!es after being pinned down by security guards in Dublin (Video)

Footage shared online appears to show Mr Sakila pinned to the pavement by several men for almost five minutes, with one guard appearing to place a knee on the back of his head or neck as shoppers watched on.

After more than three minutes, Mr Sakila appeared unresponsive, before the guards released him.

Irish police said security personnel detained Mr Sakila shortly after 5pm in connection with an alleged shoplifting incident before he became unresponsive at the scene.

Mr Sakila, who had been living in Ireland since 2004, was taken to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

The deeply disturbing footage has sparked anger among Ireland’s minority communities.

Ireland’s Taoiseach Micheál Martin said the incident must be ‘thoroughly investigated’.

‘The full circumstances of what happened need to be examined and investigated fully and thoroughly. The situation is deeply concerning,’ he told parliament on Tuesday.

Police said an investigation into all the circumstances surrounding the incident remains ongoing. Officers also said a man in his 80s was injured at the scene as Mr Sakila allegedly attempted to flee.

The Garda Ombudsman, known as Fiosrú, is examining the incident after it was referred by police.

The Irish Network Against Racism expressed concern that excessive force may have been used against Sakila and said in a statement that ‘the death of a black man in such circumstances is extremely worrying.’

Watch the video below..

CONGOLESE MAN DIES AFTER BEING PINNED DOWN BY SECURITY IN DUBLIN

35-year-old Congolese man Yves Sakila died after being pinned down by multiple security guards outside Arnotts department store on Henry Street.

Sakila, who had lived in Ireland since 2004, was accused of… pic.twitter.com/gBco5XJayw

— G R I F T Y (@GriftReport) May 21, 2026

One k!lled as suspected armed herders attack Benue community
Ugandan police officer shoots moneylender over argument on loan taken in 2020 (Video)
Activist, Harrison Gwamnishu, raises alarm as 22 year old lady is abducted after boarding a Keke Napep in Asaba
80-year-old man dies in Kano well
Parents of six year old boy who shot his teacher in school could face charges in place of the boy

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Two brothers d!e in Plateau road crash
  • “Ada Tuface And Ada Ay” – Adorable Video Of 2baba And Ayo Makun’s Daughters Vibing
  • “Another Milestone Reached” – Saidi Balogun Celebrates Son As He Finishes His Nysc
  • Oregon man, 85, thwarts attempted kidnapping by criminal posing as utility worker
  • “I Wanted To Call Her, And The Realisation Broke Me All Over Again” – Ubi Franklin Speaks On The Pain Of Losing His Sister

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?