By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Cristiano Ronaldo wins $334,637 from lawyer who represented his r*p3 accuser Kathryn Mayorga after dismissal of s3x attack claims
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Sports > Cristiano Ronaldo wins $334,637 from lawyer who represented his r*p3 accuser Kathryn Mayorga after dismissal of s3x attack claims
Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo wins $334,637 from lawyer who represented his r*p3 accuser Kathryn Mayorga after dismissal of s3x attack claims

Godson
Last updated: February 16, 2023 1:36 am
Godson
Published: February 16, 2023
Share
SHARE

Football star, Cristiano Ronaldo has won �278,000 from his r*pe accuser?s lawyer after her sex attack claims were dismissed.

A US judge on Wednesday, February 15  ordered Kathryn Mayorga?s lawyer Leslie Stovall to personally hand over the cash to Ronaldo.

It comes after the 38-year-old former Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus forward claimed he had been prejudiced by the attorney?s ?reckless conduct? in the case.

Cristiano Ronaldo wins $334,637 from lawyer who represented his rape accuser Kathryn Mayorga after dismissal of sex attack claims

The star has always denied r*ping Mayorga, 40, in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009, insisting they had consensual sex, and police have never brought any charges.

Mayorga claimed Ronaldo had paid her �275,000 in 2010 to gag her from talking about the incident and stop her pursuing criminal charges.

But eight years later she filed the civil lawsuit seeking millions more after Football Leaks exposed details of communications between Ronaldo?s lawyers.

Then last June US district judge Jennifer Dorsey threw out that claim on the basis that she was unhappy over the way documents filed to the court were obtained.

?Ronaldo would not have incurred a majority of the fees and costs that he spent on this litigation had it not been for the plaintiff counsel?s bad faith,? said the judge in her latest ruling.

The judge also threw out a bid by former Mayorga to get to Ronaldo to produce his contract with his lawyer to see if he had benefited from any fee discounts.

The judge has accused Stovall of tainting the case ?beyond redemption? with his use of hacked documents detailing discussions between Ronaldo and his lawyers about the rape allegations.

Ronaldo and his lawyer have repeatedly said the documents were forged in an attempt to defame him.

He was awarded more than half of the �506,000 in legal fees he was trying to claw back and not the full amount.

?It was clear early on that Mayorga?s allegations were rooted in the purloined materials,? said the Las Vegas-based judge.

?Ronaldo shares at least part of the blame for this case dragging on for as long as it did although he had to recognise its dubious underpinnings.

?I thus decline to award fees for the work Ronaldo?s attorneys performed in discovery or preparation for trial, as that work could have been avoided.?

 

Transfer: Atalanta Demand €50m From Galatasaray For Lookman
Messi India ‘GOAT’ Tour Turns Ugly As Fans Riot After Brief Appearance
UCL: ‘Think Of Next Step’ – Wenger Reacts To Arsenal’s Celebrations After Atletico’s Defeat
Morocco World Cup win sparks joy, arrests in Netherlands
#EPL: Be clever, no big player want to move to Old Trafford again – Eric Cantona

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • “I’ve Won Multiple International Awards, But I Don’t Have A Mainstream Hit Song”- Seun Kuti
  • “Liposuction Is Safer Than A Caesarian Section”- Uche Ogbodo Sparks Reactions
  • “You WAN Kpai Him?”- Dj Chicken And Neighbour Fight Dirty In Viral Video
  • “Enough Of Blaming It On His Support For Tinubu”- Isbea U Defends Ogogo Amid Cancer Battle
  • “We’re Inside A G-wagon” – Jarvis Drives Peller And His Mum Around In Her Husband’s New Ride

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?