By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Reading: Donations for Bondi hero who wrestled gun off jihadi terrorist during mass sho0ting in Australia reach close to $1MILLION
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Metro > Donations for Bondi hero who wrestled gun off jihadi terrorist during mass sho0ting in Australia reach close to $1MILLION
Metro

Donations for Bondi hero who wrestled gun off jihadi terrorist during mass sho0ting in Australia reach close to $1MILLION

Godson
Last updated: December 15, 2025 2:24 pm
Godson
Published: December 15, 2025
Share
SHARE

Donations for the Bondi hero who wrestled a gun off a jihadi terrorist have reached close to $1million.

Ahmed el Ahmed, a 43-year-old father of two and Syrian-born fruit shop owner, sprang on the sho0ter after he opened fire during a Jewish celebration in Australia on Sunday night

Donations for Bondi hero who wrestled gun off jihadi terrorist during mass sho0ting in Australia reach close to $1MILLION

Ahmed is currently hospitalised with two gunshot wounds to his shoulder.

Seconds before approaching the gunman, he reportedly told his cousin Jozay Alkanj he was going to die.

‘He said “I’m going to die, please see my family and tell them that I went down to save people’s lives”,’ Mr Alkanj recounted outside hospital on Monday morning, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.

‘We needed a coffee,’ Mr Alkanj said. ‘It was then just ten minutes before this happened like that. It was very crazy, we went behind the cars, we were seeing that people were shooting very near to us.’

Moments later, Mr Ahmed was filmed gently creeping through the car park along Campbell Parade to get towards the shooter.

Once within close enough range, he sprinted towards the gunman, finally wrestling the firearm from him.

The gunman, 50-year-old Sajid Akram, then fell backward towards the ground as Mr Ahmed lifted the rifle, aiming it towards the disarmed shooter.

Akram then backed away as Mr Ahmed rested the firearm against a tree before a second bystander rushed the shooter and threw an object at him.

The footage went viral online, prompting a GoFundMe campaign to be launched to raise funds for the hero, who remains under observation in the hospital.

According to Mail Online, the campaign has so far raised close to a $1million across more than 5,000 donations, including $100,000 from US billionaire Bill Ackman.

At least 16 people were killed in Sunday night’s mass shooting, including a ten-year-old girl, with dozens more left seriously injured.

Women str!p and flog alleged side chick for dating their friend’s husband
He is faithful, cooks, cleans, washes dishes, prioritizes my health and has never laid a finger on me – Nigerian woman crowns her husband “President of all Simps”
Woman arrested for stealing friend’s one-month-old baby in Abia state
Nigerian-American woman returns $5,700 found at her workplace in US
Gang-related shooting in Ecuador leaves nine dead

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Epl: We Were Punished – Rosenior On Why Chelsea Drew 1-1 With Burnley
  • Epl: Burnley Rescue Point Against 10-Man Chelsea
  • Liam Rosenior Reveals Why He Still Lives In Hotel, Condemns Racism In Football
  • Chiamaka Nnadozie Lays Brother To Rest
  • Super Eagles Set For Amman Four-Nation Tournament

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?