By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Eight people killed in mass shooting at birthday party in South Africa
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Metro > Eight people killed in mass shooting at birthday party in South Africa
Metro

Eight people killed in mass shooting at birthday party in South Africa

Godson
Last updated: January 30, 2023 5:19 pm
Godson
Published: January 30, 2023
Share
SHARE

Two gunmen opened fire on a group of people celebrating a birthday at the weekend in a township in South Africa, killing eight and wounding three others.

The mass shooting was carried out by two attackers and occurred between 5:15 and 5:30 p.m. (1515 and 1530 GMT) on Sunday at a house in Kwazakele, Gqeberha, the South African Police Service (SAPS) said in a statement.

The birthday celebrant was among those gunned down in the mass shooting.

The gunmen fled after the attack, and no arrests have been made, the police said.

Investigations into the circumstances and possible motives for the attack were ongoing. Police have not named the victims, but confirmed that the owner of the house was among them.

The gunmen ‘randomly shot at guests,’ police said, adding ‘eight people died while three others are still fighting for their lives in hospital. The home owner is among the deceased’.

An investigation has been launched into the attack and police said a manhunt for the perpetrators was underway.

Nomthetheleli Mene, the provincial police chief for the Eastern Cape province, condemned the killings as ‘a blatant disregard for human life’.

‘These victims were killed by criminals, and we will not rest until we find out what happened and who was responsible for (this) callous and cold-blooded attack on these unsuspecting victims,’ said Mene.

The latest incident follows a spate of mass shootings last year that shocked the nation. In July, gunmen killed 19 people in random shootings within hours of each other.

Court remands 62-year-old man for allegedly def!ling 12-year-old girl in Ondo
Some of you cannot even last 2 minutes without taking concoctions or alcohol – Nigerian woman voices concerns over s3xual health of young menNigerian home decor ideas
Kaduna man masterminds kidnap of his mother, gets N1m as share from N30m ransom
Lagos police arrests businessman for distributing n*de photos of widows he had affairs with
Nine victims rescued as police burst travel scam syndicate in Ogun

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Actress Jumoke Odetola Beams With Pride As She Gets Honoured By Her Alma Mater, Ajayi Crowther University
  • “Call Your Parents Now, Check Up On Them And Show Them Love” – Lizzy Gold Advises As She Speaks On Her Bond With Her Mother, After Losing Father
  • Troops rescue kidnapped woman in Katsina community
  • ICE arrests Nigerian man for stolen mail, bank fraud and identity theft in US
  • Suspect arrested for allegedly st@bbing man to d3ath during fight in Plateau community

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?