By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Reading: FG rescues stranded Nigerians in Central African Republic
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > FG rescues stranded Nigerians in Central African Republic
News

FG rescues stranded Nigerians in Central African Republic

Godson
Last updated: July 30, 2025 8:00 am
Godson
Published: July 30, 2025
Share
SHARE

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced that Nigerian workers who were stranded in the Central African Republic (CAR) have been rescued.

The Ministry’s Spokesperson, Kimiebi Ebienfa, announced this in a statement released on Tuesday, July 29.

A video of the workers trended last week, in which the workers accused their Chinese boss of seizing their passports and keeping them in the Bambari region of the country which is about 850 kilometres from the country’s capital, Bangui.Read here.

In the statement released, the Ministry said the workers have been located and recued and will be repatriated to Nigeria as soon as possible.

“The stranded Nigerian workers in CAR have been successfully rescued and are currently in the custody of the Embassy of Nigeria in Bangui.

A very big commendation to the staff of the Embassy and the Government of CAR for the successful operation.

Nigeria is working. Following the video that went viral the necessary action was taken. God bless the team at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and President Bola Tinubu,” he said.

Ebienfa said that the ministry had made contact with the victims through its officials in CAR. He further explained that the ministry also engaged with relevant authorities there, and ensured their safety, protection and swift repatriation.

The ministry’s spokesman said that their passports were retrieved successfully and a vehicle was sent to Bambari to evacuate them to Bangui. The spokesperson added that discussions were also ongoing with a company for their accommodation and welfare while in Bangui and their subsequent repatriation to Nigeria.

He urged Nigerians traveling abroad for work to always verify the credibility of their employers and ensure proper documentation before departure.

“Nigerians are also advised to register their presence and that of their employees with the Embassy of Nigeria whenever they are in any foreign country, to avert unpleasant experiences in event of consular issues” he said

 

Syrian rebels burn tomb of Hafez, father of exiled Bashar al-Assad (photos/video)
Obama and Harris publicly rebuke Trump’s second term actions
Tinubu May Return To Meet APC NWC Today
Confirmed COVID-19 cases in Nigeria hit 18,480 after 745 people tested positive in 24 hours
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and Bola Tinubu meet in Tanzania (photos)

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Judgement that ordered £420m payment to slain Enugu coal miners transmitted to UK Govt
  • Plateau government sets up panel to probe VIO misconduct
  • When I First Saw The Video, I Didn’t Believe It – Actress Ms Dsf Says TikToker Mirabel May Have Mental Health Issues
  • Man arrested for k!lling his wife in Rivers community
  • Gunmen k!ll three herders in Plateau

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?