By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Headteacher is forced to quit after recieving death threats after he told a teenage girl to remove her Islamic head-covering in line with French law
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Metro > Headteacher is forced to quit after recieving death threats after he told a teenage girl to remove her Islamic head-covering in line with French law
Metro

Headteacher is forced to quit after recieving death threats after he told a teenage girl to remove her Islamic head-covering in line with French law

Godson
Last updated: March 28, 2024 2:43 pm
Godson
Published: March 28, 2024
Share
SHARE

A headteacher in Paris has been forced to quit after death threats were made against him after he told a teenage pupil to remove her Islamic head-covering in line with French law.

According to Mail Online, the teacher asked three female pupils at the Maurice Ravel Lycée to remove their headscarves, a request two complied with while one refused, prompting an altercation.

Threats appeared online in the following days, with a police patrol launched at the school.

An investigation into cyber-harrassment was opened, and a 26-year-old man has since been arrested for making death threats against the principal online. He is due to stand trial in April.

The teacher, who had worked at the school for seven years and in education for more than four decades, announced on Friday that he felt he had to quit over concerns for his own safety ‘and that of the establishment.’

One Maurice Ravel Lycée teacher, who did not wish to be named, told French media: ‘We are shocked, we are shocked. We find it lamentable… But hey, if we can’t protect him otherwise.’

Threats began to emerge following the incident on February 28, when the student refused to remove her Islamic headscarves on school premises and an altercation ensued, according to prosecutors.

The student went on to lodge a complaint against the principal, accusing him of mistreating her during the incident.

She told French daily Le Parisien that she had been ‘hit hard on the arm’ by the headmaster, but the Paris prosecutor’s office said that her complaint had been dismissed.

Prime Minister Gabriel Attal announced today the state would be filing a complaint against the student over falsely accusing the headmaster of mistreatment during the incident.

‘The state… will always stand with these officials, those who are on the frontline faced with these breaches of secularism, these attempts of Islamist entryism in our education establishments,’ he said during the evening news on the TF1 television channel.

Education Minister Nicole Belloubet had visited the school in early March and offered the headteacher her full support, deploring the ‘unacceptable attacks’.

Man drags teen by the hair and stomps on her in brutal attack that landed her in hospital (graphic video)
Late Herbert Wigwe’s father denies claims he is contesting his son’s inheritance with his grandchildren (video)
Murder suspect eats fertilizer to avoid arrest after travelling from South Africa to Zimbabwe to kill ex-lover
Former Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu receives heroic welcome in Oyo; spotted controlling traffic in Ibadan
Fight breaks out as soldiers try to disarm police taskforce in Lagos (video)

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Transfer: Arsenal Send Message To Osimhen After Galatasaray’s Decision
  • “I Have Had Four Transfusions And Series Of Tests, Yet No Result” – Veteran Baba Opebe Cries Out To Kunle Afod As He Battles Illness (Video)
  • Transfer: Moffi To Undergo Hamburg Medical Ahead Of Permanent Switch
  • EPL: ‘I Like Him A Lot, Reminds Of Sanchez’ – Walcott Hails Arsenal Star
  • EPL: They’ll Even Win Champions League This Season’ – Gary Neville Names One Player Arsenal Should Sign

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?