By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Mbah Urges Court To Dismiss NYSC’s Objection To His N20Bn Suit
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > Mbah Urges Court To Dismiss NYSC’s Objection To His N20Bn Suit
News

Mbah Urges Court To Dismiss NYSC’s Objection To His N20Bn Suit

hammed
Last updated: July 12, 2023 7:49 am
hammed
Published: July 12, 2023
Share
SHARE

Governor of Enugu State, Peter Mbah yesterday prayed a Federal High Court in Abuja to dismiss the preliminary objection filed by the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) against his N20 billion suit over alleged certificate forgery.

Mbah’s counsel, Christopher Oshomegie (SAN), urged Justice Inyang Ekwo to dismiss the objection on the grounds that the sections cited in the NYSC Act were not applicable in the instant suit.

The lawyer said a counter-affidavit and a written address had been filed in response to the preliminary objection.

“We adopt our written address as our oral argument to the preliminary objection in urging my lord to dismiss their application,” he said

Counsel to the NYSC, Aminu Sadauki, had told the court that the matter was fixed for yesterday for hearing of their objection.

The lawyer, who adopted the objection, argued that Mbah contravened the NYSC Act in the institution of the suit.

He said the governor did not appeal to the President, as required by the provisions of Section 20 of the NYSC Act, before instituting the suit against them.

Sadauki urged the court to strike out the suit for want of jurisdiction and competence.

But in his counter-affidavit, Mbah prayed the court to dismiss NYSC’s objection on the ground that he was neither a serving corps member nor an employee of the scheme.

According to him, Section 20 of the NYSC Act, which the scheme’s lawyer referred to, does not apply to him.

Justice Ekwo adjourned the matter till September 22 for ruling.

Trump, Biden, Macron and world leaders arrive in Rome for Pope Francis’ funeral (Photos)
SERAP to sue Akpabio over ‘Holiday allowances’ amid Economic crisis
Vladimir Putin , 70, poised to announce he will seek another six-year term to remain Russian president until 2030
‘I am not among those praising the de@d’ – Ex governor, Ayo Fayose remembers Buhari as he celebrates Tinubu’s administration
FG Increases Salaries Of University, Poly Staff By 25 Percent

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
TAGGED:CourtNYSCPeter Mbah
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • “He Was Advising Me To Keep My Relationship Offline, But See What’s Happening To Him” – Peller Reacts To Frank Edoho’s Marital Saga (Video)
  • “Ungrateful Human, Karma Caught Up With You” – Toke Makinwa Lambasts Sandra Edoho After Being Mentioned In Leaked Audio
  • Brazilian man ‘comes back from the d£ad’ as funeral home is preparing ‘body’ for the wake
  • Death toll reaches 22 in China rains, 20 more missing
  • Cubans want change, but not at gunpoint

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?