By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: ‘Nothing has changed’ – Arteta sends another warning to promising talent Guendouzi
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Sports > ‘Nothing has changed’ – Arteta sends another warning to promising talent Guendouzi
Sports

‘Nothing has changed’ – Arteta sends another warning to promising talent Guendouzi

Godson
Last updated: July 4, 2020 7:45 am
Godson
Published: July 4, 2020
Share
SHARE

However, the Spaniard indicated that if the Frenchman follows the path of granite Xhaka, he will be welcomed with open arms.

Mikel Arteta has warned Matteo Guendouzi that his actions will have to change if he wants to work his way back into the arsenal.

The international midfielder for the French U21 national team met his compatriot Neal Maupay after a defeat against Brighton, with the manager making it clear that he was not satisfied with the young man’s attitude.

Guendouzi, who joined Arsenal from Ligue 2 side Lorient last summer, was subsequently removed from the squad of the Southampton-winning side and was once again conspicuously absent when the Gunners continued their European advance against Norwich on Wednesday with a comprehensive 4-0 home win.

In an interview after the game, Arteta gave a brief account of the current situation as he once again warned his charges of his behaviour.

 

“It’s the same reasons as last week,” he said when asked about the player’s absence. “Things have to change, and nothing has changed.”

Granite Xhaka, on the other hand, regained his place in the squad after his career at Emirates Stadium seemed doomed when he threw his jersey to the ground and you could see him complaining about the support he received when he was replaced under former coach Unai Emery.

He agreed to move to Hertha Berlin, but remained with the club after 11 hours.

Under Arteta, he discovered a new life and scored the second goal against the Canary Islands after he had been fielded by Aubameyang.

And the Spaniard realised that the circle of the Swiss national player had come full circle.

“He’s a player whose dedication goes beyond anything normal. Every day he leaves every drop of blood on this football field, and he does the same in training,” he said.

“For me he is a great example to every other team-mate, the way he looks after himself and lives his job. I’m really happy that we were able to convince him to stay, give him another chance to learn from his mistakes and also to appreciate and support the player and the person we have at the club.

“When someone has a difficult moment, we’re right behind them. We can give them another chance.”

Arteta therefore seems prepared to leave the door open for 21-year-old Guendouzi, who played 34 games in his first high-profile campaign, including 24 in the Premier League.

UCL: He can do everything – Thierry Henry tells Man Utd striker to sign between Kane, Osimhen
Bundesliga: ‘Title race over’ – Tuchel
EPL: Harry Redknapp Predicts Scoreline Of Tottenham Vs Chelsea
It’s time for Man City to answer for 115 charges – Premier League
#EPL: Chelsea take decision on sacking Potter after 1-0 defeat to Southampton

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • We are reviewing alleged video of abducted teacher’s behe@ding- Oyo police
  • Two sentenced to three months imprisonment for indiscriminate refuse dumping
  • “Hearing you on phone with your little boyfriend disregarding my name sucks’- Toke blasts Sandra Edoho
  • Nigerian man reveals what he intends to do with screenshots of over 30 women’s comments supporting Chike and Sandra
  • EFCC releases mugshot of arrested ex-Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?