By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Saudi military raises readiness levels after attacks
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > Saudi military raises readiness levels after attacks
News

Saudi military raises readiness levels after attacks

Godson
Last updated: March 3, 2026 1:46 am
Godson
Published: March 3, 2026
Share
SHARE

Saudi Arabia has raised its military readiness to full alert after multiple attacks attributed to Iran, as tensions across the Gulf continue to escalate.

A source close to the Saudi army told AFP on Monday, March 2, “The Saudi army has raised its readiness to full alert,” following drone strikes that targeted key energy infrastructure. The vast Ras Tanura Refinery on the kingdom’s Gulf coast went into partial shutdown after drones struck the facility three days into the widening Middle East conflict.

The complex, operated by state oil giant Saudi Aramco, is one of the largest refineries in the region and a cornerstone of Saudi Arabia’s energy sector, with a production capacity of 550,000 barrels per day. It also serves as one of the world’s biggest oil export terminals.

Earlier, a source familiar with the incident said the attack caused a fire at Ras Tanura, but confirmed that the blaze was later extinguished.

Saudi Arabia, the world’s largest oil exporter, has the majority of its oil fields and petroleum infrastructure located along its eastern Gulf coast, directly across the water from Iran.

“It depends if this is seen as a direct attack on Aramco by the Iranian leadership or a rogue drone that just came close,” a source close to the Saudi government told AFP. “At this stage I think Saudi will watch and wait.”

However, the same source warned that military retaliation would be a possible option if Iran were perceived to be launching a coordinated campaign against Saudi oil installations.

Saudi Arabia would target “Iranian oil facilities if Iran mounts a concerted attack on Aramco”, the source said. A defence ministry spokesman later confirmed that two drones had targeted the refinery but were intercepted, according to a statement published by the Saudi Press Agency.

Security analysts described the attempted strike as a serious escalation in the regional conflict. Torbjorn Soltvedt, an analyst at risk intelligence firm Verisk Maplecroft, said: “The attack on Saudi Arabia’s Ras Tanura refinery marks a significant escalation, with Gulf energy infrastructure now squarely in Iran’s sights. The attack is also likely to move Saudi Arabia and neighbouring Gulf states closer to joining US and Israeli military operations against Iran.”

Near Riyadh, Iranian missiles targeting an air base that houses US personnel were also intercepted, according to a Gulf source briefed on the matter. The base has reportedly been targeted three times in as many days.

Over the weekend, Saudi authorities condemned Iranian strikes aimed at Riyadh and the kingdom’s eastern region, warning that it reserved the right to defend itself, including through retaliation.

Saudi oil infrastructure has previously been targeted by Iran-backed Houthi rebels. In 2019, aerial assaults on two Aramco facilities in eastern Saudi Arabia temporarily knocked out roughly half of the kingdom’s crude production. In March 2022, the Houthis launched a drone strike on the YASREF refinery in Yanbu on the Red Sea.

With energy infrastructure now under threat once again, the latest developments raise fresh concerns about the stability of global oil markets and the risk of a broader regional confrontation.

 

If it is true, then it is insensitive – Reno Omokri reacts to unconfirmed reports of Tinubu administration planning to purchase N5bn presidential yatch
FG shuts Enugu Airport over bad runway
Trump slams MAGA allies Tucker Carlson, Megyn Kelly, Candace Owens
“Two weeks” – Trump reveals timeline to reveal new buyer for TikTok
Police Confirms Abduction Of Four Nasarawa University Students

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • “I’ve Won Multiple International Awards, But I Don’t Have A Mainstream Hit Song”- Seun Kuti
  • “Liposuction Is Safer Than A Caesarian Section”- Uche Ogbodo Sparks Reactions
  • “You WAN Kpai Him?”- Dj Chicken And Neighbour Fight Dirty In Viral Video
  • “Enough Of Blaming It On His Support For Tinubu”- Isbea U Defends Ogogo Amid Cancer Battle
  • “We’re Inside A G-wagon” – Jarvis Drives Peller And His Mum Around In Her Husband’s New Ride

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?