By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Reading: South East is not neglected in road construction – Umahi
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > South East is not neglected in road construction – Umahi
News

South East is not neglected in road construction – Umahi

Godson
Last updated: August 5, 2025 10:36 am
Godson
Published: August 5, 2025
Share
SHARE

The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has directed all regional directors of the Federal Ministry of Works to return to sites across the country and compile detailed lists of inherited but ongoing projects, as well as newly initiated ones.

The move, according to Umahi, is aimed at showcasing the extensive infrastructure efforts of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s administration and countering narratives of regional exclusion.

“I have directed all the regional directors of the Federal Ministry of Works back to sites in all the regions across the country to compile all inherited but ongoing projects and all new projects in all the regions so that Nigerians will appreciate the huge works that Mr. President is doing in all the regions, irrespective of those who voted for him and those who did not,” the minister said.

“Mr. President is using a fair distribution of infrastructure to reunite Nigerians and renew their hope, and only those who open their eyes will see the light of change in Nigeria,” he added.

The directive comes amid criticism suggesting that the South East geopolitical zone has been neglected in the allocation of federal road projects. Reacting to one such report, Umahi strongly refuted the claim, revealing that the Tinubu administration had already paid N108 billion out of the N445.8 billion allocated for the Cross River–Ebonyi–Benue–Kogi–Nasarawa–Abuja superhighway.

“What happened in the Federal Executive Council (FEC) of 31/7/2025 was a review of that corridor from 118km x 1 to 231.64km x 1 for N445.8 billion. This misleading writer chose to change the narrative of my press briefing after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) of Trans-Sahara Section 1 (Ebonyi State to Benue border – 123.64km) at N445.8 billion but deliberately chose to call it Oyo-Benue Border road to deceive and incite unsuspecting members of the public,” Umahi stated.

He emphasized that under the current administration, 90 per cent of abandoned federal projects—some dating as far back as 2013—have been revived and are progressing.

Umahi also highlighted major ongoing road projects in the South East region, including access roads to the Second Niger Bridge. He said Section 2A in Delta State is valued at N146 billion, while Section 2B in Anambra State is pegged at N76 billion. Other ongoing works include the Enugu–Port Harcourt Road in four sections, Enugu–Abakaliki Road, Afikpo (Ebonyi)–Abia–Imo Road, Onitsha–Owerri–Aba Road, Aba–Ikot Ekpene Road, and Umuahia–Ikot Ekpene Road.

The minister appealed to the South East region to recognize and support the president’s efforts.

“I request the South East people to rise in support of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu because he has demonstrated unwavering love and fairness to the people of the South East. We must not be deceived again. Mr. President must have the votes of the South East up to 90 per cent to cement this relationship. Enough of darkening counsel without knowledge in the South East. We must rise to educate our people,” he said.

 

EFCC Withdraws Money Laundering Suit Against Lagos Speaker Obasa
Reps Suspend Sitting, Mourn Late Colleague, Danbuga
She was detained for absconding from work for one month- Lagos police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin, speaks after female officer alleged she was detained for demanding her resignation be approved
Peter Obi’s petition against Tinubu is an effort in futility – Ned Nwoko
Putin visits troops in occupied Ukranian territories, meets with senior commanders and gifts them an icon of Jesus (photos/Video)

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Napoli: ‘He Took It Very Badly’ – Mauro Meluso Refutes Osimhen’s Racism Allegations
  • Ucl: Mourinho Made Huge Mistake In Vinicius Racist Incident – Kompany
  • Arsenal’s Injured Players Ahead Of Tottenham Hotspur Clash
  • NSC Move To Stop Favour Ofili From Representing Turkey
  • List Of Man United Injury Players Ahead Of Everton Clash

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?