By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Reading: Trump outlines timeline for expanded US Oil operations in Venezuela
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > Trump outlines timeline for expanded US Oil operations in Venezuela
News

Trump outlines timeline for expanded US Oil operations in Venezuela

Godson
Last updated: January 6, 2026 12:41 pm
Godson
Published: January 6, 2026
Share
SHARE

US President Donald Trump has stated that American oil companies could have an expanded presence in Venezuela within 18 months and might even be “up and running” sooner.

“I think we can do it in less time than that, but it’ll be a lot of money,” Trump told NBC News. “A tremendous amount of money will have to be spent, and the oil companies will spend it, then they’ll get reimbursed by us or through revenue.”

The comments came shortly after a US military operation Saturday that captured Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro. Trump said Americans would have a presence in the country “as it pertains to oil,” but noted that companies would first need to rebuild Venezuela’s crumbling infrastructure before tapping its rich oil reserves.

Currently, Chevron is the only major US oil company operating in Venezuela. ConocoPhillips and Exxon Mobil left nearly 20 years ago after their assets were nationalized under Hugo Chávez.

“It’ll be a very substantial amount of money,” Trump said of the investments needed. “But they’ll do very well. And the country will do well.” He added that expanded drilling in Venezuela could help reduce oil prices.

Trump also acknowledged that American oil companies were aware the administration had been considering a military operation but said they were not informed in advance.

Energy Secretary Chris Wright is scheduled to meet with executives from Exxon and ConocoPhillips later this week to discuss Venezuelan oil, NBC News reported. Wright is leading the administration’s efforts to rebuild Venezuela’s oil infrastructure.

 

The PDP cannot send the presidential ticket to the North in 2027. I’m building the PDP, not tearing it apart – Nyesom Wike
APC Hit Lawal Over Claim On Obi’s Victory
Life presidency: El-Rufai’s claim baseless, absurd- presidential aide, Bayo Onanuga
President Bola Tinubu meets with National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, and service chiefs (photos/videos)
The Hottest Hairstyle at Fashion Week Is Not on the Runways

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • High school bull!es jailed 60 days for be@ting younger pupil over romantic relationship
  • Chelsea Name Ifs Principal Partner For Front Shirt Ahead Of Burnley Clash
  • The Latest Live Casino Gaming Trends Of 2026
  • Thierry Henry Names Osimhen Among Three Top Strikers Barcelona Should Sign
  • Laliga: Rashford Faces Barcelona Permanent Transfer Setback After Carrick’s Man Utd Decision

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?