By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Reading: Tyson Fury announces return to boxing 12 months after fifth retirement
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Sports > Tyson Fury announces return to boxing 12 months after fifth retirement
Sports

Tyson Fury announces return to boxing 12 months after fifth retirement

Godson
Last updated: January 5, 2026 6:47 am
Godson
Published: January 5, 2026
Share
SHARE

Tyson Fury has confirmed he is returning to professional boxing in 2026, a year after stepping away from the sport for the fifth time.

The former heavyweight champion announced his decision on Instagram, ending months of speculation after sharing training clips over the festive period.

“2026 is that year. Return of the mac,” Fury wrote. “Been away for a while but im back now, 37 years old and still punching. Nothing better to do than punch men in the face & get paid for it.”

Fury retired in January 2025, a month after suffering his second consecutive points defeat to Oleksandr Usyk, who beat him twice in 2024 in Saudi Arabia and Riyadh as the Brit failed in his bid to become the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis.

Despite those losses, Fury boasts a 34-2-1 record and is a two-time world champion, having defeated Wladimir Klitschko in 2015 and Deontay Wilder in 2020.

The 37-year-old has a long history of retirements and comebacks, having previously stepped away from boxing in 2013, 2016, 2017 and 2022, each time returning to the ring months later.

A potential third fight with Usyk would still draw huge interest, while a long-awaited all-British clash with Anthony Joshua had been targeted for 2026. That bout is now uncertain following a recent car crash involving Joshua that killed two close members of his team.

Speaking on the situation, Fury’s promoter Frank Warren said Joshua’s future in the sport was unclear.

“This is an awful time for everyone involved,” Warren said. “I don’t even know if he will ever have the appetite to fight again or if he will ever fight again, that is something that only time will tell.”

Fury also sent his condolences to Joshua after the crash, writing on social media: “This is so sad. May God give them a good bed in heaven.”

With his latest announcement, Fury now appears set on another comeback, aiming to become a three-time heavyweight world champion.

 

SHOCKING DEAL: Real Madrid are Expected to Spend €200M to Bring in Barcelona’s “Rough Diamond” Lamine Yamal to Replace Vinicius Jr., While Los Blancos Have Already Finalized the Contract with Jurgen Klopp and Are Awaiting the Announcement
Lionel Messi voted Best Player of 2022, Ronaldo missing [See top 10]
#Transfer: Chelsea ready to send defender to Fenerbahce with Mourinho keen
Deco shocks Hansi Flick with a stunning message, telling him to forget about this player as he is negotiating with arch-rivals Real Madrid!
Transfer: Aaron Ramsey’s return to former club confirmed

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Epl: Paul Merson Predicts Tottenham Vs Arsenal, Chelsea Against Burnley, Other Fixtures
  • Nwfl: Danjuma Slams Sunshine Queens Tactics In Nasarawa Amazon’s Defeat
  • Wafcon 2026: Nigeria Announce Squad Ahead Of Cameroon Friendly
  • What Is The Update On Alexander Isak’s Iniury?
  • Highest Goalscorers In The Champions League (2025/2026)

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?