By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Reading: Nick Kyrgios banned from tennis after testing positive for coc@ine
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • My Story
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > Entertainment > Nick Kyrgios banned from tennis after testing positive for coc@ine
Entertainment

Nick Kyrgios banned from tennis after testing positive for coc@ine

Godson
Last updated: August 19, 2026 11:10 pm
Godson
Published: August 19, 2026
Share
SHARE

Nick Kyrgios has been provisionally suspended after failing a doping test, the International Tennis Integrity Agency (ITIA) has announced.

The Australian player gave a sample at an ATP tournament in Majorca in June that tested positive for benzoylecgonine, a metabolite of coc@ine.

Kyrgios apologized to his friends and family in a lengthy statement on his Instagram Stories, where he took full responsibility for what he called a “huge mistake.”

“I’m not going to make excuses, but I do want to give some context about where I’ve been. The last couple of years of injuries have taken a huge toll on me, both physically and mentally,” he said, adding he would be stepping away from social media and public life for the next 28 days.

The ITIA confirmed the former world No. 13 had the right to appeal but said he had not yet done so.

“Coc@ine is a stimulant and substance of abuse on the WADA Prohibited List and is banned in competition under the Tennis Anti-Doping Programme. If taken out of competition, reduced sanctions apply for substances of abuse,” the ITIA said in a statement.

“Because of the nature of the substance, a provisional suspension is mandatory and has been in place since 4 August 2026.”

The Australian is one of the most well-known names in the sport and reached the Wimbledon final in 2022.

Kyrgios is currently ranked 919th in the world. He was given a wild card to play doubles at Wimbledon last month and lost in the first round with partner Alexander Bublik.

“Never Look Down On Anyone” – Ijoba Lande Warns, Jets To Uk For The First Time
Cristiano Ronaldo’s fiancée Georgina Rodríguez shows off 30-Carat ring in first outing since engagement
“I No Fit Calm Down”- Carter Efe Loses It As Davido Promises To Join His Livestream
“This Is My Favourite Month” – Regina Daniels Declares As She Shares Dazzling Photos
I’ve The Best Music Band In The World, Adekunle Gold Brags

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Viral ‘Bus Aunty’ claims Transport for London named a bus stop after her
  • “She said his standard is below hers” – Nigerian man narrates how his nephew’s wife ended their marriage after securing high-paying job
  • ‘They Can’t Embarrass Me. I Spoke For My Fellow Bishops’ — Cardinal Onaiyekan Fires Back At Presidency
  • MC Mbakara reacts after man claimed he slept with the comedian’s wife
  • Ebonyi community elder k!lled after APGA endorsement meeting

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?