By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Reading: DR Congo accuses Rwanda of delaying peace deal implementation
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > DR Congo accuses Rwanda of delaying peace deal implementation
News

DR Congo accuses Rwanda of delaying peace deal implementation

Godson
Last updated: September 23, 2025 2:29 pm
Godson
Published: September 23, 2025
Share
SHARE

On Monday, September 22, Democratic Republic of Congo President Felix Tshisekedi accused Rwanda of delaying the implementation of a peace agreement signed by Kinshasa and Kigali in Washington in June.

“Rwanda pretends to have withdrawn its troops but in reality, Rwandan troops continue to be present on Congolese soil and to support the M23,” Tshisekedi said, referring to the Rwandan-backed armed group that made rapid gains in eastern DRC earlier this year.

Speaking to journalists on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly, Tshisekedi added, “Kigali is trying to gain time for the crisis to worsen. We, from our side, are ready to make peace.”

The president also hinted that DR Congo is seeking greater security cooperation from Washington in exchange for a stable supply of metals used in electronic devices and batteries, such as cobalt.

The eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, a region bordering Rwanda, is rich in natural resources but has been plagued by violence from non-state armed groups for over three decades. Since resuming arms at the end of 2021, the M23 armed group, backed by Rwanda, has seized significant territory in the region, fueling a worsening humanitarian crisis.

Earlier this year, the M23 captured key cities including Goma and Bukavu, establishing their own administrations in the occupied areas.

In response, the Congolese government and the M23 signed a declaration of principles on July 19 in Qatar, which included a commitment to a “permanent ceasefire” aimed at halting hostilities. This followed a separate peace deal between the Congolese and Rwandan governments signed in Washington in June.

Earlier this month, Rwanda criticized Human Rights Watch after the group published a report using satellite data that appeared to show an expanded military graveyard during months of conflict in neighboring DR Congo.

 

Governor Yusuf suspends aide over inflammatory remark about Kwankwaso
North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un puts entire city under lockdown after soldiers lost 653 bullets and refuses to lift it until every single one is found
Umahi Wasn’t Locked Up In Office, Says Works Ministry
Tinubu’s Academic Records: Atiku To Address press conference today
Eid-el-Kabir: IGP Orders Patrols On Highways, Worship Centres

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0

Recent Posts

  • Epl: We Were Punished – Rosenior On Why Chelsea Drew 1-1 With Burnley
  • Epl: Burnley Rescue Point Against 10-Man Chelsea
  • Liam Rosenior Reveals Why He Still Lives In Hotel, Condemns Racism In Football
  • Chiamaka Nnadozie Lays Brother To Rest
  • Super Eagles Set For Amman Four-Nation Tournament

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?