By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
NewsunplugNewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Reading: Wike Rejects Customs’ Appeal On Revoked Land
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
NewsunplugNewsunplug
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Journal
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Newsunplug > Blog > News > Wike Rejects Customs’ Appeal On Revoked Land
News

Wike Rejects Customs’ Appeal On Revoked Land

hammed
Last updated: October 20, 2023 6:03 am
hammed
Published: October 20, 2023
Share
SHARE

Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister Nyesom Wike yesterday rejected the appeal of the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) to upturn the revocation of its land.

Wike told a delegation of the NCS, led by its Acting Comptroller General, Bashir Adeniyi, during a visit to his office, that the service would have to pay penalties to reclaim the land.

The minister faulted the failure of the NCS to develop the land after FCT Administration’s approval, stressing that when the certificate of ownership of land is reissued, the service must also pay ground rent.

He said,

“Frankly speaking, we will look at it and see what we can do. Whether or not you are going to pay a penalty, you will pay a penalty. That is what we are going to do.”

But the minister approved a piece of land for building primary and secondary schools for children NCS workers in the FCT.

He said the approval would be on the condition that the NCS would commit to developing the land within a time frame, failure of which would lead to the repossession of the given land.

Wike said,

“Rest assured that I am going to approve the land for the school. You bring the application; I will sign it and give it to the Director of Lands to give you the land that you can use. Schools are very important. It is not only the children of Customs officers that will attend the schools.

“My policy now is that before we give land to any agency, it must commit that it will develop it within a certain number of years. If not, the FCT should take back the land. I will not allocate land that will lay till thy kingdom come. So, you must convince me that you are indeed serious about building schools for the children of your staff and our children.”

Adeniyi said the purpose of the visit was to congratulate Wike on his appointment as FCT minister and his achievements so far.

He described the NCS as a critical stakeholder in the FCT with up to 2,500 officers living and contributing to the development of the territory.

Security operatives take over PDP Secretariat after BoT meeting clash
Chad requests electricity supply from Nigeria
Atiku to hold World Press Conference after Chicago State University disowned certificate Tinubu presented to INEC
JAMB Reschedules UTME For Candidates
I’ll Ensure Free, Fair Election, Uzodimma Assures Voters

Quick Link

  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
TAGGED:FCTWike
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Who Will Connect Nigerians To Stable Power If You Disconnect Aso Rock From National Grid? – Peter Obi Slams Tinubu
  • Police arrest 40-year-old man in Niger State for attempted s3xual ass@ult on three girls, aged 6-7 after enticing them with candy
  • Nigerian medical doctor shares photo of his car after 10 years of practice and a side hustle
  • DMO to auction N800bn bonds at N1,000 per unit
  • Ghanaian knife robber due to be deported from UK goes on the run for second time in less than a week

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

Top Categories

  • Entertainment

Categories

  • ES Money
  • U.K News
  • The Escapist
  • Insider
  • Science
  • Technology
  • LifeStyle
  • Marketing

About US

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.
Quick Link
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index
Top Categories
  • My Bookmark
  • Interests
  • Contact Us
  • Blog Index

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© 2023 Newsunplug | All Rights Reserved.
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?